Hickey’s Pharmacists are available to tailor a plan bested suited to your needs and preferences in order to stop smoking.
Your Pharmacist will explain the negative effects of smoking and the benefits of giving up smoking.
They will help you:
- choose the most suitable products for you to use as part of your quit programme
- by providing useful information on personal triggers and how to beat the cravings
- with the withdrawal symptoms
- by providing you with with a weekly progress tracker
- in times when motivation is needed in cases of slip ups
The benefits of stopping or not smoking start straight away:
- The good news is that once you quit smoking, your body experiences a series of beneficial health changes that begin immediately and continue for years
- Within 20 minutes of quitting, your blood pressure and pulse rate return to normal. Circulation improves in the hands and feet, making them warmer
- After 8 hours, oxygen levels in the blood return to normal. Your chances of a heart attack start to fall
- Within 24 hours, carbon monoxide is cleared from your body and after 48 hours, your sense of taste and smell begin to improve
- After 72 hours, breathing will become easier and your energy levels will increase
- After 1 year, your risk of a heart attack reduces by 50%
- After 10 years, your risk of lung cancer falls to about half that of a smoker and your risk of a heart attack falls to about the same as someone who has never smoked
To find out more about the Hickeys Pharmacy Smoking Cessation programme – Talk to the Pharmacy team today!